The Department of General and Laparoscopic Surgery offers advanced surgical care and support for patients with acute illness or injury, based on a multi-disciplinary approach. The team at GBH AH, comprising of highly experienced Surgeons, trained nurses and ancillary staff, is capable of handling even the most complicated cases – be it an emergency or planned admission – with unparalleled expertise. We provide evidence-based medical care, with strict adherence to international treatment protocols. We have well equipped Operation Theaters that are state-of-the-art technical supported. Offering Outpatient, Inpatient and 24 hours Emergency Care.
Under Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic Appendicectomy, Laparoscopic Ventral hernia repair, Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy, Minimally Invasive Procedure for Haemorrhoid (MIPH) and Diagnostic Laparoscopy.
- Endoscopy: Upper gastrointestinal as well as lower colonoscopy & Sigmoidoscopy etc.
- Lower Limb: Varicose veins, Burger’s disease, Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT), Gangrene limbs.
Under General Surgery:
- Abdominal: Exploratory Laparotomy & Perforation repair, Resection Anastomoses, Intestinal Obstruction Surgery, Splenectomy Gastro Jejunostomy, Cholecystectomy, Mesenteric Cysts, Retroperitoneal Tumours, Colostomy / Ileostomy & others.
- Trauma - All types of Emergency Surgeries, Abdominal Trauma, Chest Trauma, Poly Trauma, Emergency Surgery, ICU Care & Trauma Rehabilitation.
- Tumours - Complete diagnosis and operative treatment for cysts and tumours of the salivary glands, thyroid, parathyroids, adrenals, breast, lipomas and tumours of the abdomen.
- Abdominal surgeries such as Gall Bladder, Biliary tract Surgeries, Appendix, Intestines (open/ laparoscopic surgery), Pancreatic Surgery, Liver Surgery, Hiatal Hernia Surgeries, Ulcer Surgeries.
- All kinds of hernias - Both by open and by laparoscopic surgery, Groin Hernias, Ventral Scar Hernias, Epigastric Hernias.
- Anorectal Cryosurgery.
- Anorectal Diseases- Abscesses, fistula, fissure and piles. We are performing Stapled hemorrhoidectomy (MIPH) with many benefits to the patient such as minimal blood loss, less pain and early recovery.
Under Breast Surgery:
- Modified Radical Mastectomy (MRM) / BES, Fibroadenome Excision, Duct Ectasia, Con-dissection, Microdochectomy, Breast Lump, Breast Cancer, Nipple discharge, Breast Abscess / Inflation.
- Breast Augmentation and Reduction.
Equipment & Devices
- UGI Fiber Optic Endoscope
- Laparoscopic instruments
- Staplers (linear, circular, MIPH)
- Harmonic & other general surgical instruments
Emergency 24 Hours Facilities:
- Blood Bank
- Surgical Trauma ICU
- Emergency Services
- CT/ MRI
Highlights of Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries are performed including Colorectal Surgeries, APR &Anterior Resection Splenectomies, Liver Cyst Surgeries, Large Ventral Hernias, Nephrectomies, and Hiatal hernias.
- Risk of bleeding during surgery is reduced because the size of the incision made is much smaller.
- Reduces the risk of pain and bleeding after surgery.
- Wound Infection Rate / Surgical Site Infection (SSI) rate is significantly reduced in laparoscopic surgery compared with open surgery.
- Length of Hospital Stay is significantly shorter.
- Cosmetically better, Minimal Scar formation.
- Early recovery and early resuming of normal activity and work.
Highlights of General Surgery:
Advantages of Cryosurgery:
- Usually no Anesthesia
- Can be done as an outdoor procedure
- No Cutting, No Bleeding
- Ideal for old debilitated patients
- Early discharge from the hospital
- Recurrence rate as in other procedures
Highlights of Breast Surgery:
- Cancer awareness
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Physical exam by experts
- Cancer Survivor Rehabilitation
- Investigations as and when required
Dr. A.S. Gupta
MS, FACS, FAMS, FICS, FIAP (U.S.A.)
Former Professor and Head of the Department of Surgery, RNT, Medical College, Udaipur
Gen. Surgery, Gastroenterology, Endoscopy & Cryosurgery (Piles)
Dr. Garima Mehta
( MS, PhD, MNAMS, FAIS)
Sr. Consultant Surgeon & Breast Cancer Specialist
Dr. Naveen Goyal
MS, DNB (Trauma), FISS
Consultant Surgeon, Director-Emergency Services