Physiotherapy is the treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery. It is an important intervention that prevents and mitigates adverse effects of prolonged bed rest and mechanical ventilation during critical illness. Physiotherapist maintains health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease. The profession helps to encourage development and facilitate recovery, enabling people to stay in work while helping them to remain independent for as long as possible. We at GBH AH have 6 bedded spacious individual air-conditioned cabins with well equipped and qualified full-time physiotherapists.
- Orthopedic and Ortho Surgery Rehabilitation: TKR, THR, Cervical Spondylosis, Lumbar spondylosis, Arthritis(Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis), Back & Neck pain, Frozen shoulder, etc.
- Neurology and Neuro Surgery Rehabilitation: Hemiparesis, Parkinson’s disease, Paraplegia, Quadriplegia, Cerebral Palsy, GBS, Motor Neuron Disease, etc.
- Post-traumatic Rehabilitation: Post fractures, Post arthroscopic surgery, Sports & Ligament Injury, Hand & Foot Injury, etc
- RSI Management (Repeated Stress Injuries): Tennis Elbow, Plantar Fascitis, De Quverians’, Trigger Finger, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, etc
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries Management: Radial Nerve Palsy, Ulnar Nerve Palsy, Brachial Plexus Injury, etc.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: Post CABG, Post PTCA, etc.
- Burns Rehabilitation
- Ante-natal & Post Natal exercise counseling
- Home exercise programs: For those who cannot visit the department daily with due follow-ups and further guidance over telephonic consultations
- Electrotherapy: Short wave diathermy, Infrared Irradiation, Ultrasound Therapy, Wax Bath, Interferential Therapy, TNS, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Continuous Passive Motion Machine and Cervical & Lumbar Traction Unit.
- Exercise Therapy: Suspension frame, Parallel Bar, Ramp with Stair, Swiss Ball, Static Cycle, Quadriceps Table, Wall Bar and Various equipment for Hand Exercises, Knee and ankle exercises, Shoulder exercises. Including strengthening materials like Dumbbells, Weight Cuffs and Therabands.
- Manual Therapy: Manipulations, Mobilizations and other soft tissue techniques like massage, trigger point release therapy and PNF technique.
Equipment and Devices:
- Electrical Modalities
- Interferential Therapy
- Infrared Radiations
- Shortwave Diathermy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Paraffin Wax Bath
- Electrical Muscle Stimulator
- Continuous Passive Motion Machine (Lower Limb)
- Suspension frame
- Static Bicycle
- Quadriceps Table
- Other Equipment includes various small and big apparatus for Shoulder, Wrist, Hand, Fingers and Ankle exercises too
- Neuro Rehabilitation is one of the unique features that we have at our hospital, and we treat all kind of cases
- On an average 50 patients receive bedside physiotherapy consultation and physiotherapy inwards, twice daily
- A set up with prime objective of patient care & recovery